Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas in NYC Pictures





Every year I take on the burdensome task of traipsing around in the cold and crowds just so I can take photos of the holiday store windows to post on Flickr and my blog.

No, really, I enjoy it. The city looks so lovely and as I am a fan of shine and sparkle, I always have a good time. I'm a little slow getting these pictures edited (hundreds, I tell you!), so they are just appearing HERE and I think a week or two later. After seeing "A Life In The Theater" with a friend on Broadway, we did the Saks-to-Bergdorf Goodman route up Fifth Avenue. The Bergdorf Windows are especially fine this year, and I hope to have those up and edited this evening. If you can't get to the city, at least you can check out the windows online - there are many more at Flickr, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Jan, great images. Seems like it was a great year for sophisticated window design. Hope that continues... Details on camera and lens?

OvertheTop said...

Hi Kevin, Thanks! You should check out the windows at Bergdorf's - they are amazing. I tried to join the team there last year. These are the last shots taken with my 5 year old Canon Digital Elph, 3.2 megapixels. I have a new camera now and can really see the difference. :) Best to you and Kathleen!