Sunday, February 9, 2014

NY Now Gift Show, Part 2

Where did the week go? I promised to post the rest of my pictures from the gift show, so here they are.

Suzani anything is trendy just now, so these chairs, poufs and ottomans are fun and cheerfully trendy. Love the chair and matching ottoman in center rear.


I've wanted one of these paper star lights for some time and seeing them all against the black wall stopped me in my tracks. Which one to choose? From Artecnica.


These colorful tunics remind me of Roberta Feynmann's style, but they're from Rock Flower Paper. The style is very summery and would fit in well in my favorite summer destination, Cape May, NJ.


Lots oc colorful items for the home and to wear and carry. It was freezing last week and this booth was so summery and refreshing to spend time in.


Ahhh, Pendleton. I visted a Pendleton shop in Seattle in 2005 and hankered after so many wonderful pieces. Here's the new blanket line. What fun it would be to design these patterns and play with color combinations!


These Nanette Lepore pillows are gorgeous and greatly resemble beauties I spied in Gracious Home in NYC yesterday. The textured embroidery is nicely done and so crisp and fresh. I'm a little over the ikat by now but the other patterns are delicious.


Pehr, for organizing heaven. Great for kids rooms, don't you think?


This company, Vita, offered some relatively inexpensive and fun lighting chandeliers for office or home, made from paper and feathers and polycarbonate.



These copper and black/gold options were quite striking. The copper is really shiny and irresistible. If I didn't already have my lighting installed I would definitely choose one of these innovative lamps. Not sure how the feathers could be kept clean, but the Silvia pinecone deign is a winner. Here's their catalogue.


Once upon a time, I was a student at the High School of Art and Design in NYC. One of my classmates was the designer of these luscious knits, Armand Diradourian.

I was so happy to see his booth here, even though he was not present. Armand's cashmeres and knits are famous and covetable, and he has added home furnishings to his output.



Pillows, throws, and color!


I collect knitwear, especially scarves and hats. These beauties are for men, but believe me, I would wear any in a heartbeat. The hats are stunning, and I want all of them.


If colored glass gets you excited, there is more than enough at these shows for every taste. I saw much more than I photographed, and wish that I had rows of white shelves like these to house such a collection.


More color and homey charm - pillows, belts and textures from Jenny Krauss.


Pretty decorative and romantic lighting from Canopy Designs. Love the vintage style jewel-like glass beaded sconces that remind me of mid-century beaded flowers that an aunt was partial to. 


This booth was a delight to visit, and the ceiling of delights was magical. A young woman was also selling beaded woven jewelry that called to me, but I resisted. More at their website here.


Because I am easily seduced by colored lights, I cannot resist taking pictures of all of this garishness. Enjoy!





I think I'd need a roomful of curio tables like these to display all that I have collected that deserve to be seen rather than stored away.


Irresistible Paris and European style furnishings from Peacock Park Design. Indulge in your shabby chic dreams....I love that Paris to London white painted chest that would make a nice nightstand for the world or amchair traveler.


 Time to go and face the gray skies after a few pleasant hours spent in a fairyland of color and texture. Color for spring and summer is reassuringly headed for stores nearest you, readers. No matter what the trends are for 2014, spectrum color is still available, and I rejoice!

No comments: