Sunday, July 5, 2009

Front Page Sunday


In the wee hours, just happened to be awake and online, checking into craftcult.com, and saw a sudden burst of shop hearts. Curious, I checked the Front Page on Etsy, and there I was in wonderfully witchy-looking assemblage chosen by administrators to s search term of "Black Lace." My recently re-listed Arsenic and Old Lace Necklace, made from vintage celluloid hat "feathers", was chosen. I had dinner the other night with a colleague and was wearing this piece, made from similar "feathers", which he recognized from an ancient trim store that we both frequent. He mentioned that he also had a small cache but had never figured out what to do with them, as they break easily if used on a hat, their original purpose. Well, now I am using them in jewelry, and they're stunning in all of their shiny spikiness.

No comments: