Sunday, July 12, 2009

Outsider Art at Bergdorf Goodman






Baltimore's American Visionary Museum get a fantastic showcase at Bergdorf Goodman this month. The North and Fifth Avenue windows are simply amazing, filled with gorgeous art and complementary fashion, but the art wins out this time. I went by the other night on my way home from "Phedre" and was glad that I had my camera with me, as night is THE time to take pictures there. It's the perfect combination of retail theater, and if it sells a few dresses and shoes, all the better.

Many many pictures are on my Flickr page in this collection, but I have a few of my favorites here.

Bergdorf Goodman department store is located on Fifth Avenue and 57th Street

Here's a link to the American Visionary
Museum in Baltimore, Maryland. I'll be visiting there on my next trip down there, and I hope it's soon!

And here's a page with photos of past Bergdorf Goodman windows! You can also see lots of pictures of 2007 & 2008 Holiday windows at my Flickr site.

No comments: