Saturday, December 27, 2008

Foggy Christmas Eve


I was on my way to a party in my nabe on Christmas Eve and was shocked by the presence of heavy fog - something I haven't seen up here. The Fog just stayed in the park, as it had risen up from the river - the Hudson River behind Inwood Hill Park. It was eerie and quite beautiful, and thanks to the lamplight, I was able to get some decent pictures. This one's a little blurry but it was the best one. We still had some snow left in the park, but as it was warm, it was melting fast, so the ground was slick and that added so much atmosphere. During my first trip to London in summer many years ago, we had an incredible pea-souper one night and it was very Ripper-esque.

The party was real change of pace as I haven't been to one locally for some time. Our hosts are lovely folks and their dog was most well-behaved, even while sitting near the pâté, without making a dive for it.




No comments: