Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Re-Purposed Salvage and Glitter


I bought these beer caps on Etsy a long time ago and they've been sitting quietly in a drawer, waiting. No idea how to use them other than making magnets or some kind of altered art. Finally I had reason to raid my box of chandelier crystals, and spied the caps nearby. Why not combine them? There were some brightly colored beer caps that would be enhanced by bright crystals.

Punching holes in beer caps is a fine activity to engage in while watching TV, just so you know.

A few hours and many jump rings later, a piece of wearable ephemera was born. Perfect for that evening of karaoke, I think, and when you absolutely want to be the center of attention. One of a kind, definitely. Will debut in my Etsy shop any moment.

No comments: