Monday, July 20, 2009

Fit for a Queen




I apologize for another jewelry promo, but I'm about to start a job and things always get crazy just beforehand, so I am at a loss for interesting tidbits to post about. We also had a birthday party for my Dad this weekend, which was lots of fun. He's 93 years young!

I re-configured a necklace that I was never happy with to make this new one, still entitled The Queen's Necklace. The new focal is a ginormous smoke gray chandelier crystal, enhanced by a vintage leaf pearl and rhinestone brooch, Czech glass beads, chandelier octagon crystals and other vintage glass beads in shades of lavender, cream and smoke. It's weighty and important, perfect for a special night's embellishment. Everywhere I turn, chunky necklaces with huge bling are still the rage, even more so than last season, and today on the streets I passed many wonderful, big necklaces worn by adventurous women, which is most heartening. So far our summer in New York City has been tolerable as weather goes, so it's not too hot to wear some impressive neck decor.

2 comments:

Lucia said...

I don't want to be rude or anything but i am new at jewelry design and since i really like your 'products' i wondered if you could tell me where d you find so awesome accesories, chains, charms,... thank you very much!

OvertheTop said...

Lucette,
I have a huge stash of supplies that I've collected for many years that I draw upon. I also buy on Etsy, Ebay and in my city, which has a lot of stores to choose from. I just buy what inspires me. :)