Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One Year and Missing You





It's one year ago tonight that Dad left this earth, and to commemorate, I have added a playlist to the upper right-hand corner of this template of his marvelous singing and composing. Fortunately, there are many songs and spoken recordings available, and I have chosen but a few, which I will change out or add to from time to time. The golden age of popular song is well represented here, including one that Dad wrote, "A Lonely Town", which he also sings.

I'm very proud of him, and have spent the evening listening to his music and editing sound files that happily, are still new to me. Dad had 78 LPs made from reel-to-reel recordings, which I also found and had transferred to DVDs, a most worthwhile project. I hope that if you click on them, that you'll enjoy what you hear!

2 comments:

→lisa said...

What a wonderful, touching way to commemorate your father.

Your dad is providing my morning soundtrack, with his smooth, rich voice. Lovely!

OvertheTop said...

Thank you so much, Lisa. I'm so happy that you enjoy listening to him - there's no better feeling, especially today!