Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Memories


I've been so busy and otherwise mentally engaged that I nearly forgot that I have a Christmas Special airing on PBS this week in NYC. It's called "Christmas Memories", and it features the Celtic Choral group, AnĂșna.

If you haven't heard of them, I recommend checking them out, and if you love Celtic and Medieval music, you definitely should! I was the stylist on this production that was filmed back in June (seems like yesterday); it was a fast and furious assignment, with a very compressed filming schedule, but it was accomplished. The singers are lovely in every sense and it was great getting to know them. They are wonderfully promoted and supported by Borders, where you can check out their music, and this was their second Holiday special. It's in the variety show format that's folksy and charming and yes, maybe a bit hokey here and there, but comfortable. It was my first of this kind of show and it was a fun experience, doing Christmas in the summer. Their site is lovely and comprehensive, and you can read about the gorgeous McGlynn brothers, who lead the group.

No comments: