Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whimsical Packaging!

I purchased these great vintage Mah-jongh tiles from The Capehouse Studio on Etsy. When I opened the envelope, this appeared.

I just love the beautiful big grey pearl button (which I can SO use as I make button jewelry) and the simple economy of the paper and cotton thread, but the kicker is the playing card with the letter "J" on it...as my name starts with "J". What a clever way of personalizing this purchase and making it seem like a gift without breaking the bank. It has definitely inspired me!

Cape House Supplies is a great place to shop for paper ephemera and other fun vintage supplies for altered art, scrapbooking and other outlets of creation.


2 comments:

trendygal said...

Awesome blog Jan, and I always love your photography too! Can't wait to see what you do with the tiles...
B.

OvertheTop said...

Thanks! Have to get them drilled first. They are wonderfully designed little objects. :)