Monday, March 9, 2009

OTT's Opening Night Off-Broadway!

"Saints Alive" detail of enameled charms and beads

Actors Reed Birney, Dana Ivey, Playwright Evan Smith, Actors Kellie Overbey and Marylouise Burke

Actors Kristine Nielsen and Marylouise Burke

Actor Peter Bartlett, Maylouise, and Costume Designer Martin Pakledinaz

I love getting photos of customers wearing my jewelry. It doesn't happen that often, so when it does, I get all giggly and proud.

The lovely Marylouise Burke sent me pictures of herself wearing one of my necklaces at the opening night party for her play, The Savannah Disputation, in New York City. It's actually a necklace set, with earrings, that consists of glass beads and tiny vintage enameled medallions depicting The Infant of Prague. I have had those medallions for 20 years, and they were breeding in their box, so it was high time to use them. A friend in common gave her the set for Christmas, and as often happens, it was an eerily perfect choice, as this same Saint appears as an important prop onstage in this play. I haven't seen it, so I can't report on its significance in the story, but Marylouise was clearly meant to have it...maybe it was divine intervention?

The Savannah Disputation, a new comedy by Evan Smith and directed by Walter Bobbie, is playing at Playwrights Horizons on Theatre Row in New York City. Photos are by Bruce Glikas at Broadway.com, a great site for theatre fans!

No comments: