Monday, March 2, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Offering




I just took new pictures of an old favorite of mine, the 4th or 5th version of my Me Ould Sod Celtic bracelet. The first one I made sold the night I went to see The Pirate Queen on Broadway two years ago, which was quite appropriate, as it was an Irish-centric show. I realized last night that St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and I had one of these on hand, so I wanted to take a look at it again.

Some years ago I did a show and had left over some of these green embellishments. I could have held on to them indefinitely, but decided to use them in a theme piece. I'm running out of these trimmings, so this may be the last one I make. Each one is different every time - that's the fun of it. This time there are antique bone and mother of pearl buttons, novelty shamrock and celtic thing charms and beads, green dyed freshwater pearls, glass sew-on jewels (vintage) and beads, dancing along a novelty brass chain. It's a fun piece to wear all year, especially down the pub, and if you happen to be Irish, you can celebrate your heritage with this adornment.

1 comment:

Cat Stegall said...

ps you have my dream job!! Cathee in SC