Friday, October 17, 2008

A Special Custom Order





My cousin Sara is a wonderful supporter of my efforts on Etsy. Her taste is quite different from my OTT excess, but that hasn't stopped her from shopping for friends and colleagues. My brother Ian bought pieces from me for his wife, our cool cousins Nancy and NR are also fantastically generous, as is Sara's mom, Betsy...I'm happy that my family have been customers, but Sara's dedication is particularly consistent and for that I am most appreciative.

Sara needed a gift for a colleague who was moving on to another job, and I was happy to be able to put together something to fit her specifications. There was a lot of discussion, pictures taken and emailed, pow-wowwing with another colleague, and within a week or so, a necklace and earring set was designed, sourced and made. Hopefully, Sara's friend will enjoy this set, which has a fantastic made to order hammered sterling silver circle by the wonderful Prolifique, who rushed my order, and my new moss green dyed freshwater pearls, which I swear are alive. All of the components are sterling silver, left in their original bright state despite the trend to oxidize, oxidize, oxidize.

No comments: